I saw a cool Cuff Bracelet at a shop in Carmel & decided to try to make one! It was so fun & easy to make ...and you can make it from scraps!
1/8 yd. Fabric
1/4 yd. 1" Gimp trim
1 ea. Flower button or a focal button of your choice
1 ea. 5/8" (or smaller) button
1 piece of ribbon - 1/4" x 6" long
3 ea. Pearl beads or beads of your choice
1) Cut a fabric piece - 7" long x 3" high. This allows for a 1/4" hem at each end and overlap on the length. (Measure your wrist & adjust the length of the fabric to your size).
2) Cut the Gimp trim - the length of the fabric strip plus 1/2" (this allows 1/4" at each end for the hem).
3) Baste the Gimp trim to the center of the fabric strip.
4) Fold each end over 1/4" & baste.
5) Fold the length of the fabric so that the cuff is 1" high & baste.
6) Machine or hand stitch each end of the cuff bracelet & then stitch down the center of the trim. (This will hold the trim in place and hold the back overlap in place).
7) Stitch the Flower button to the center of the cuff bracelet.
8) Sew a pearl bead on each side of the Flower button.
9) Sew the button at one end of the cuff bracelet.
10) Make a loop with the ribbon that will fit over the button & stitch it to the cuff bracelet.
11) Sew a pearl bead at the crossover point of the ribbon loop.
Enjoy wearing this cuff bracelet ...this would also make a great gift for a relative or friend!